Joyce Hinnefeld

Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Go Rovers!


Yesterday I spent a wonderful afternoon with this fine group of AP English students from Easton Area High School here in PA, and their teacher, my friend Sarah Wascura. They asked some of the most probing and intelligent questions I've been asked about Stranger Here Below, which they read during these last weeks of their senior year, God bless them. And God bless the remarkable Mrs. Wascura (and her daughter Emily, who graciously snapped this photo) for hosting us all. I had such a good time talking with these students about the book and about their future plans--and I even got to hear several of them (fine musicians besides being smart and thoughtful readers) perform a few songs from Wicked.

Their future college professors--at Ithaca College, Syracuse, Columbia, Muhlenberg, Rochester, and other schools--are lucky to get them. I wish them well, and I'm so grateful to Sarah for her tireless support of my work, and also for her deep commitment to teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment